Sunday, September 3, 2017 - 8:00pm
Lots of news to report this summer!
- John was promoted to Associate Professor with tenure & chosen as a McKnight Presidential fellow!
- Althea ArchMiller moved into a tenure track position at Concordia College in Moorhead MN!
- Juliana Vélez joined the Fieberg lab as a new PhD student in Conservation Sciences. Juliana is a Fulbright scholar and an Interdisciplinary Center for the Study of Global Change Scholar. Welcome Juliana!
- Jake Ferguson joined the Fieberg lab as a postdoc. He will be working to develop recommendations for monitoring zebra mussels in newly infected lakes. Welcome Jake!
- John helped co-teach workshops related to animal tracking/movement in North Carolina and Faido, Switzerland.
- John gave a talk at the Euring meeting in Barcelona, Spain titled, "How, Why, and How Much: Understanding space-use patterns by linking animal movement, habitat selection, and home range"
- John and Althea co-taught a workshop titled, Developing a Workflow to Maximize Reproducibility and Research Impact: Managing Data, Computer Code, and Projects for Success. They will also be providing this workshop at this year's Wildlife Society meeting in Aluquerque.
- Lots of new papers accepted - see the publications tab!